понедельник, 24 января 2011 г.

What’s So Special About the Russian Language?

What’s so special about the Russian language? As for me, it is obviously the fact that Russian is spoken by almost 300 000 000 people in different countries but wherever you go you will easily understand each other even though there are some dialects and differences in intonation and so on. Of course I don’t mean remote villages that you and I will hardly ever visit. Compared to the English language it is very special I think. Scientists divide dialects of the Russian language into Northern and Southern. Moscow lies in between of the two.

It is typical for the Northern Russian dialect to pronounce unstressed /o/ clearly. Many southern dialects have a palatalized final /tʲ/ in 3rd person forms of verbs (this is unpalatalized in the standard dialect) and a fricative [ɣ] where the standard dialect has [ɡ] and so on.

I wish I could listen to Russian as if I don’t speak it because when I listen to other languages that I don’t understand it is always interesting to imagine what this or that word could mean. Languages are like music to me. Some people I know said that Russian only sounds nice when it is spoken by a woman). Others said it sounds like somebody is vomiting. I hope it is not that bad and they just exaggerated)))

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий